Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A New Calling

So I just received a new calling in church and boy was I shocked! Some of you may already know, I am the new primary president! For those of you who are not mormon, primary is the program that is over all of the kids from 18 months to 11 years old and we do everthing in our church on a voluteer basis. Our ward has the second largest primary in the WORLD with approx 250 (I think) kids! Needless to say I am very overwhelmed but excited get to know the kids. As if I wasn't already busy enough right? :)

11 comments:

Tony and Whitney said...

You are going to be awesome!

Carolyn said...

Wow! I didn't know you had such a big primary. Ours has maybe 50 kids. We'll take a few of yours if you want. Good luck! You'll do great!

raising4boys said...

So much for joining card group again huh?! Congratulations Pres. You will be so great...that's what you get for being such a good secretary ;)

Mindi B said...

You truly will be so great in that calling!!!!! The Lord wouldn't call you to it otherwise. Have fun! (Just don't forget about your Book Club buddies.)

Jamy said...

Hey, congrats on the new calling! You'll do great!

fuz&michelle said...

wow jes! that is quite a calling! i can't imagine having that many kids! i bet you will have some good stories :)

Shanalyn Wilde said...

Congrats Jessa, you will do a great job! The kids will love you and have lots of fun.

Tara said...

That is very exciting and probably very overwhelming. I think you will do such a great job though.

Laura said...

Good luck. I know you will do wonderful!

Unknown said...

If ANYONE can handle it that would be you! Good luck!

daveanddebbie said...

250 Kids is out of control! We have 120+ and it feels huge. You are going to do an awesome job. Conratulations and good luck! It was so great to see you and your cute girls. I just wish we lived closer!