Thursday, May 22, 2008

Books and Authors!

Okay so I am a total nerd, I love books more than anything! Last Friday I had the opportunity to go to a book signing with Stephenie Meyer. I have loved the "Twilight" series and also enjoyed her new book "The Host" so I was excited to meet her and have my books signed. I went with a group of friends from my neighborhood and we had a great time! I was a little disappointed that Stephenie only talked for about 20 minutes because there were a lot of questions I would have liked answered! Lucky for us I had my cute baby with me which got us a ticket to the front of the line to get our books signed! I heard that the signing went until about midnight or 1am so we were so lucky! The following day the Provo Library had an author day as well and there were several local authors there signing books. I was able to meet Shannon Hale "Goose Girl" series, "Austenland" etc. and also met Brandon Mull "Fablehaven". I really liked Shannon Hale, she was very friendly and personalized every book she signed. Here are some pictures from the weekend.


The whole gang at the Stephenie Meyer signing.

Our cute little ticket to the front!

Meeting with Shannon Hale.


Michelle and I with Brandon Mull.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It was a fun weekend! I seriously am so glad you had Keeley with you!!

Shanalyn Wilde said...

looks like you had a fun time! sometimes i think i should read more. i really wanted to see friends while i was in UT, but then Lincoln got sick. I didn't think it would be a good idea to take him around other babies/children with whatever he had. hopefully we can see each other sometime soon.

Ang said...

That would have been very cool. We have read the "Twilight" series for our bookclub, and also "Austenland". I haven't read the other book but maybe I should! When i tell my friends here, they will be very jeolous!

fuz&michelle said...

Jes I really am so jealous! I haven't read The Host yet, but I really want to! No wonder you got to the front Keeley is such a cutie! I can't wait to see her in person!

Jamie said...

Hi, I found your blog via Ang's. The book signing looks like it was so much fun! I'm a huge fan of both Stephenie Meyer and Shannon Hale.
By the way, your little girl is adorable! No wonder you got up to the front of the line. =D