So the other day we were shopping in WalMart and Damien was trying to pay for the groceries but Kira wanted him to hold her. I offered to hold her since he was busy but she just wanted daddy. I started to pout since she didn't want me and she got really serious, walked up to me and took my chin in her hand and said "I love you mommy" I got all teary eyed and said "thank you!" then she said "but I love daddy too". Then Christmas Eve I was trying to read a little Christmas story and asked her to put her game away. She didn't want to but grudgingly started to do it. I tried to make a big deal about it and told her what a good job she was doing putting the game away. She just continued to put her game away and said "whatever mom". What?! Where on earth did she get that? Everyone in the room had to cover their mouths to hide that they were laughing because it was SO WRONG for her to say that! My family keeps saying they feel sorry for me when she becomes a teenager if she's already acting this way!
6 comments:
That's so funny! I continually crack up when I hear the new things that surprisingly come out of my children's mouths.
Hilarious! Noah learned a few new words from a CTR boy and repeated it over and over to the chorister, "your hot". I'm mortified but I guess it's just being 3.
That is so funny! I keep getting little teenager-isms from Avery (she's 5 1/2). Most of hers are screaming at me that she's never going to listen to me again. Oh dear. I'm in for it when she's 16. (I guess I probably deserve it, I wasn't always the nicest teenager)
so funny!love the stories!
That is so funny. I find myself having to cover my mouth a lot lately with Hannah. She is always making us laugh, even when we should be disciplining her. Where do these kids come up with some of these things. I hope by the time Kira and Hannah are teenagers, we can help each other get through it!
Man, aren't they great? Unfortunately, Hailey has been listening to basically only me for a whole year and it isn't pretty!
Post a Comment