Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

So last night I went to the Twilight Movie Premiere Party at the Jordan District. It was fun to get together with hundreds of other moms that love Twilight! The movie was what I expected. I didn't like Edward but I went into it knowing I didn't like Edward. I tried to like him but I just couldn't do it. That actor is just not even close to what I had in mind when I was reading the book. I didn't like his make-up or hair and felt he was overacting his part most of the time. The characters I did like were Bella, Carlise, Esme, Emmett, Jacob, and Charlie. The characters I didn't like were Edward, Jasper (just weird), Rosalie (not the drop dead gorgeous model described in the book), Alice (she looked the part, but couldn't seem to act it quite right). Everyone elses parts were so small that it didn't matter much. There were parts of the movie that I really liked and then other parts that were really cheesy. I did like the comedy that they had throughout the movie. They did a pretty good job of following the book but had to fit so much into 2 hours that it did feel a little rushed. Overall it was fun to watch and entertaining but it definately was not the same experience I had reading the book.



4 comments:

Jamy said...

I was really surprised I liked Edward, since I went into it thinking I was going to hate him. He did better than I was expecting, at least. I agree about Alice. I thought she looked the most like how the book described, but she was definately NOT Alice. It was like she was reading the lines for the first time! I hated Carlisle's make-up. I thought it looked so cake-y. But yeah, Edward's make-up wasn't that great either! BTW, I changed my blog to private and can't remember if I had your e-mail or not. If you want me to add you, just send me your e-mail address. jamybailey@hotmail.com

Nisha said...

I think I'll wait for it to be at the dollar theater or redbox.

Rachel said...

so I didn't like edward at first either, but he turned out to be pretty darn sexy if you ask me!

Jamielyn said...

I had a lot of fun too! I'm actually totally ready to go and see it again...any takers? :)